Monday, April 13, 2009
We drove down to Nuernburg for a few days to visit Eugene, the exchange student that stayed with Paul and Kristi for a year. We met his parents (who are Russian) and we two delicious traditional Russian meals with them. From there we drove onto Wartsburg and saw the castle where Luther translated part of the New Testement to German. It was a long hike up a mountain in the snow, but totally worth it.
We were sad to see David's parents go, especially Emma. But we'll be back in Laramie soon.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Mike and David
That night we stayed at the Chateau where Mike and Valerie live. It was beautiful there and the weather was great!
On our way back out of the city we stopped to see the Eiffel Tower. Emma got to ride the carousel at the bottem while we took pictures. It was pretty amazing.
Friday, March 13, 2009
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Maggie is getting really big. David took her to her 6 month appointment but the doctor never weighed and measured her. So all i know is she weighs about 22 or 23 pounds and she's wearing Emma's 12 month clothes. She doesn't have alot of fat roles she is just looks alot older than she is.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Emma had a pony theme birthday party. David did a great job drawing a My Little Pony on her cake. She had 2 friends there, Emeline of course, and Ari, her German friend. His dad is the pastor David works with in Wuppertal. He's about the sweetest 2 year old boy i've ever met. The day went great and she was really spoiled with gifts. She recieved some wonderful things. Emeline sat right next to her the whole time she opened presents and just watched. It was hilarious!
Monday, January 26, 2009
2- Who was with you?David and Emma
3- How did you find out that you were pregnant?I took a home pregnancy test.
4- What was your first reaction to finding out you were pregnant?I was so excited and overwhelmed. We'd been in Germany only 2 weeks.
5- Your Husbands reaction?He felt the same way I did.
6- Who was the first person you told? David, then our parents
7-Did you plan to get pregnant?Yes we'd been trying for 3 months
8-Was everybody happy for you?I think so
9- Did you go out and celebrate?Not really, but we were so happy talking about it.
10- Did you want to find out the sex?Yes
11- What was the sex?Girl.
12-Did anyone throw you a baby shower?no, but our church sent us all kinds of gifts
13- If yes, who?
14- Did you get any outfits at the baby shower that you just knew you weren't going to put on your baby?No.
15- How much weight did you gain?30 lbs.
16- Did you loose all of the weight that you gained?Nope. I still have about 15-20 lbs to lose , it's been alot harder with the second one
17- Did you get a lot of stretch marks?a few, more than with Emma
18- What did you crave the most?Mexican, and it's so hard to get here
.19- Did you crave anything crazy? No.
20- Who or what got on your nerves the most? feeling claustrophobic
21- Were you married at the time? Yep
22- Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?No, thankfully
23- Where were you when you went into labor?At home in bed.
24- Did your water break?Negative.i just started having heavy contractions
25- Who drove you to the hospital? David and I walked across the street to the hospital (which was really nasty btw, Like something out of "one flew over the cuckoo's nest")
26- Did you go early or late?1 day late
27- Who was in the room with you when you gave birth?David and the habamme (kind of like a midwife)
28- Was it video taped?Nope.
29- Did you have any drugs for the pain? Epidural
30-Did you go Natural or have a c-section?natural
.31- What was your first reaction after giving birth?I was so happy and so glad i could finally hold her
32- How big was the baby(s)?3800kg and 55cm
33- Did your Husband cry?No,
34- What did you name the baby(s)?Margaret Kristi
35-Did the name have any significance to you?Margaret is my grandma Koster's name and she was born on my mother-in-law Kristi's birthday
36-Does the baby's name fit? definitely
.37- Did the baby(s) have any complications?nope
38- How old is your baby today?6 months
.39- When is the next one(s) coming?Only God knows, but hopefully soon :)
40- If you could would you do it all over again?Absolutely!
Friday, January 23, 2009
Thursday, January 22, 2009
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo Karaoke in my family room with no one listening
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Made amends with someone who offended you
101. Flew in a small Cessna plane with just you and the pilot
102. Ran out of gas
103. Eaten fried okra
104. Swam in the Caribbean Sea
105. Peed in a swimming pool
106. Rented a beach house
107. Hosted an exchange student
108. Been a Secret Santa to a family in need
109. Worked on a political campaign
110. Coached a sports team
111. Baked bread from scratch
112. Driven from coast to coast
113. Paid off all of your debt
114. Roast marshmallows over a campfire
115. Cut up a credit card
116. Drove a car through a flood
117. Been on t.v
118. Seen the twin towers.
119. Been to ground zero
120. Been on top of the Empire State Building
121. Lived outside of the United States
122. Been on a safari
123. Been saved by the grace of Jesus Christ through faith
124. Pet A Lion in Africa
Friday, January 9, 2009
We drove to Calais, France and took the car ferry over to Dover, England. This was alot of fun and good chance for Emma to get out and run around. It was about an hour trip. The cliffs of Dover really are white...
Our friends took us to Staford on Avon to see the Shakespeare sights.
Max and Kayla, our friends kids. Emma had a great time with them.
Here's David's coat he got for Christmas from me and my mom.
This is the church Shakespeare is buried in.